NEELIN UNITED CHURCH

As any church in a small community, Neelin United Church played a large role in both the religious and social life of the area.

IMG_1411.JPG

In 1923 families from the district were holding church services in a nearby school and a Ladies Aid Group was formed to fund raise having Fall suppers, bazaars and lunches.  By 1936 the ladies raised $1,000 to build a new church. The land was donated by Mr. W. Henwood.

IMG_1418.JPG

The building was erected by volunteers and had a full basement.  Local carpenter Mr. Atterbury supervised the building operation.

The church opened on July 26, 1936.

IMG_1415.JPG

Due to declining congregation services ceased after 42 years in December, 1978.