Remember the little boy that rushed to the school to sit with the teachers until dismissal? Well this is the school.
Built in 1883 on the SW corner of his parents property for $843.00. They collected a further $10.00 for benches as well as a heating stove for $9.00, 22 lengths of pipe for $0.18 cents each, a broom for $0.35, a box of chalk for $0.30 and desks for $8.50 each.
Church services were held in the church starting in 1884 until 1915.
As the nearby village grew, it was decided that the Riverside School should be moved to its current location in 1902. In 1904 a storm prevented the children from getting home that evening and they were stormed stayed until noon the following day.
Changes to the school happened over time and in the summer of 1912 metallic shingles were put on the roof. The inside walls were changed from tin to wallboard and wainscoting in 1936. In 1951 electricity was installed. An oil burning furnace was added in 1953.
The last teacher employed was Aggie Jean Martin in 1956 where she was paid approximately $215 per month. The school, like many other small, one room schools in small communities were the centre of activity where they would hold dances, card parties or box socials. The school closed in 1956.