After a ratepayers meeting in 1901 and the assurance to two East Coast landowners that their land would only be used for a school, the sum of $700 was raised to build Peninsula School. Miss Anges Moore, with a second class professional certificate was hired for the year for an annual salary of $420. She resigned within one month.
The school was heated with coal and wood. In 1927 the school was equipped with flat bowl coal oil lamps and then in 1950, oil burners were installed. The school had a well stocked library with two sets of encylopedia, the World Book and Book of Knowledge, and wall maps. The students were active in sports and 4H as well as community centered activities such as Christmas Concerts, picnics and dances. It even hosted a funeral.
In 1934-35, it was reported that teachers at Peninsula School were paid $30 per month plus board. The family boarding the teacher would receive a $15 per month credit to be applied to their taxes.
The school closed in 1960.